Do you need a Water Softener?
Not happy with the quality of your water? There are some problems that occur in water that you have no control over, but if you have hard water, an installed water softener in your home can eliminate this problem. There are several issues that can arise with hard water, some of these issues are:
• Mineral buildup in pipes, causing issues with water flow
• Build up around the Hot Water heating elements, which means it takes longer to get hot water
• Hard Water Dermatitis, many people complain of itching and scaling skin after taking showers in hard water, hard water makes it difficult to rinse soaps from your body.
• Can make washing clothes harder as hard water does not work well with detergents
• Due to the water heater having to work harder, you could be paying increased energy costs.
• Glasses and dishes remain white filmed and spotted even after cleaning.
• Reduced sudsing action can leave clothes looking gray and dingy.
• Harsh minerals in hard water reduce the life of clothes.
What is Hard Water?
Hard water is classified as having high levels of minerals in it, namely iron, calcium and magnesium. The simple method to remove these minerals is through a water softener. So if you are not happy with your water, a water softener maybe your solution.
Water softeners work by exchanging the iron, calcium and magnesium with sodium, which makes the water more mineral balanced. The end result is water that is going to work well with detergent in your shower, sink, dishwasher, water heater or washing machine, it is not going to agitate the skin, and will increase the life of your water pipes. Plus, it could help to save a little bit of money with your long-term energy costs.
Hard water is a common issue in the Sarasota area, so if you believe that you are having an issue with your water. Call Crisp Plumbing at 914-927-9700 to schedule an appointment for having your water tested and learning just what you can do to avoid your hard water issues. We are available 24 hours a day, for whatever plumbing emergency you may have.